Monday, August 25, 2008

High School already?

Time has certainly flown by. It seems just yesterday this adorable tiny girl with a ton of hair was handed to me -- wrapped in a pink blanket. Wasn't it just yesterday she started to walk and then talk non-stop?

In one week, my little girl starts high school. She is already thinking about high school dances, high school play auditions and learning to drive. Wow, like the first two weren't enough???

Those that told me time flies were so right... I kept thinking they were just trying to scare me or something. But, it is so true. I can't believe she is already 14 and high school is just around the corner, literally. I want to treasure every moment and help her to become the young woman that God has planned. I know he has amazing plans for Carissa (as well as her sisters, but today's blog is all about Carissa) -- she can do anything.

I am proud of you Miss Riss.... remember you can accomplish whatever dream you put ahead of yourself. You are strong and couragous... remember that motto we came up with? You may be tiny, but you are mighty! Carissa, your heavenly Father loves and adores you as much (or more) than we do. Enjoy high school and all the adventures that it will bring.

Love, Momma

2 comments:

carizzo09 said...

Thank you for the note to me Momma. I love you! <3

CrazyBusyCallie said...

I often wonder if our mother's felt this way when we were starting High School. I think my own mother was too wrapped up in her own life to even notice!!
Again, I think of you and I at this age, good times and bad!! I remember how fun it was going and watching LB play soccer, listening to Bon Jovi in the Dodge, dancing in the back yard and cruzin the Sea-Tac Mall!!! I can't help but think that our girls will be doing the same thing in no time at all.
Carissa is a blessing and I know that she'll do amazing things, not only over the next four years but for the rest of your life. You are a lucky mom!!!