Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Redirection

Let me start off by saying I firmly believe God has a sense of humor! I also think that when we make mistakes or try to do things our own way, He has a way of redirecting us. I can say now that this has happened to me twice within the past six months.

In April, I was offered a job at a company that felt like it would be okay. It used my skills and they were eager for someone that knew how to be organized and how to organize others. That would be me. Only after I accepted the position, which was on a Friday afternoon, I felt so sick all weekend. I could not shake the feeling that I had made a huge mistake. Finally after a lot of prayer, I felt God telling me I needed to decline the offer. I did and instantly felt peace.

Fast forward to the end of July. After many months of job searching, I interview and accepted a position with a company. Everything felt so right. But, obviously, God has a different plan for me because a position within the school district opened up. After 17 days of working at my new job, I resigned today. I will begin working as a secretary at Wenatchee High School.

As I type this, I don't regret anything that has happened to get me to this place. I learned a lot of new skills at the job I just left... skills that I hope will prove beneficial to me. It has always been my goal to me employed within the school district -- it provides so much for my family and gets me closer to my dream of becoming an elementary school teacher.

No comments: